Tuesday, April 20, 2010
As I watched the space shuttle land this morning, I had a revelation. A moment of clarity impressed upon me that there are no social marketing gurus and that we needed a better description. Why? Because social marketing is so very very new that calling someone a guru is just plain wrong. The field is still being built. We have no idea where social marketing will be 5 years from now let alone next month. So I think those we respect in the industry should be called social marketing astronauts as they are exploring a great unknown and are constantly coming back with new information. Some of the self proclaimed gurus have their head in the clouds and that works as well.
Remember social marketing may be what drives the web in the future but it’s still shifting and settling and it may be a lot of years before the dust clears.
Monday, April 19, 2010
We just got a new client debtdonkeys.com. I’m not going to link it because it’s not done but I’ve learned so much from this client I can’t help but make some comments.
I’m not in debt and never have been because I don’t like the credit card companies or really anybody who wants to charge me interest on my money. The only loan I’ve ever had was when I was 21 and “had” to have a 300zx (does that date me?).
I’ve always wondered why my credit score wasn’t higher because I’m completely debt free and make a reasonable salary so why the hell should my credit score be low? Right? I find out it’s because I’m not in debt! Did you know the credit agencies rank you higher if you don’t make your payments exactly on time and you carry a debt balance? Yup that’s right they know they can make money off of you so they will give you a bigger credit limit.
It really sickens me to think that the credit companies have that much power over most of America, if you’re not in bed with them you don’t count and if you are in bed with them you have a high credit score but you are paying an average of 17% of your income for it.
so here is my guide to living debt free.
- Don’t buy it if you don’t have the money in your pocket (or bank account). This goes for cars, boats, houses (I rent), clothes, gas, cable, furniture, computers, etc, etc, etc.
- Be patient I finally bought a used (new to me) car 3 months ago that I expect to get another 150,000 miles out of but I drove a used Lexus into the ground (smoking, rattling, and chugging) before I could afford the $3000.00 cash to get this one. I drove the old one to business meetings, school, the grocery store, whatever and if someone commented on it I’d ask “so what are your monthly payments?”
- Value your money. One of the worst things that credit has done to this country is devalued your currency. I’m not talking about the value of a dollar vs the euro I’m talking about how you personally see a dollar. A dollar with credit is only worth $0.71 without credit it’s worth $1.00 and maybe even $1.28 if you consider that everyone else dollar is only worth $0.71 because they are maxed out with credit card fees.
- Don’t take stupid deals because it’s easy. The days of kicking tires seems to be over, stop buying things just because someone tells you it’s a good deal and offers you 0% financing for a year. Check prices and buy carefully, and used with cash if you can.
- Live without a high credit score. Screw them, you don’t need their little badge of credibility. I’m proud of my null credit score because I got it by being smart with my money, frugal with my purchases, and honest with myself.
I have tons more to say but not enough time and this really doesn’t fit my blog content. I hope it helps a few. Good luck
Ok I admit it I’m a twitter user. I usually despise social networking if for no other reason then it’s completely useless time wasting drivel. I’m a happily married guy so I have absolutely no use for spying on girls with “sexy” in their profile. I find most people to be too wrapped up in themselves to be worth listening to, and I don’t really like to hear myself talk, so what value is a social network to me?
I could be just another twitter marketer who uses twitter as an outlet for link building and I do to some extent, but what has really got me is the ability to find other people in my industry ( Search Engine Optimization ) who actually know some stuff, and are willing to post a bit about what they know.
Research is the #1 most important thing you can do in the SEO industry, about half of any good SEO guru’s job every week is researching marketing trends and changes, and freaking Twitter has become invaluable to me for just that. I’ve cut my time in half now with the creation of the SpiderLoop SEO MEME that aggregates much of my work every day and my SEO I Trust list on Twitter I’ve got my daily research down to an hour.
So social networking may not be that bad, and I’ll grant that many people got there before me. Just use your head and don’t whittle away a whole day, it’s entirely too easy to drop important things while tweeting your fingers to the bone.
Thursday, April 15, 2010
Need some twitter material? Just click the new twitter links on SpiderLoop meme and instantly twitter the news.
We’ve also added the links to the SpiderLoop marketing package check out this page you can tweet any of the news just by clicking the twitter link next to the twitter icon, FaceBook too.
Fun, easy, fast and makes a difference what more could you want?
SpiderLoop meme ranks of first page of Goog for “SEO meme” today. Took less then a week. What keywords could you rank on with the new MEME plug-in for SpiderLoop?
Saturday, April 10, 2010
SpiderLoop releases new software. The SEO meme. This software aggregates, sorts, displays and archives RSS and ATOM news.
See it working at http://meme.spiderloop.com
Wednesday, April 07, 2010
|SERVICE ||Quality SEO Company ||Cheap SEO Company ||Yourself ||SpiderLoop |
|Average Price Range ||$1000 - $10000 setup |
$300 - $1500 monthly
One Site 1 - 15 keywords
|$200 - $300 setup |
$100 - $1000 monthly
One Site 1 - 15 keywords
|Months ||Download Free |
$25.00 - $500 monthly
Multiple Sites 25 - 500 keywords
|Optimize individual pages ||x ||x ||x ||x |
|Change keywords on all optimized pages ||x ||$$ ||x ||x |
|Add alt text to all images on a page ||x ||$$ ||x ||x |
|Add an article to your website ||x ||$$ ||x ||x |
|Trade links with other sites ||$$ ||$$ ||x ||x |
|Build and implement a site map ||x ||$$ ||x ||x |
|Change content on a page every month so the content stays fresh ||$$ ||$$ ||x ||x |
|Add a page to your website that is keyword optimized ||x ||$$ ||x ||x |
|Submit your site to the search engines ||x ||x ||x ||x |
|Instantly change keywords on all optimized pages || || || ||x |
|Instantly add up to 25 articles containing keyword targeted text || || || ||x |
|Instantly trade links with other sites with similar content || || || ||x |
|Instantly add one way permanent backlinks to your website for less then $1.00 per link || || || ||$$ |
|Instantly build a sitemap every time a page is added or removed from your website || || || ||x |
|Add a page to your website that is keyword optimized and content rich in less then 30 seconds || || || ||x |
|Change content on hundreds of pages every month so the content stays fresh || || || ||x |
|Makes adjustments for search engine algorithm changes without cost || || || ||x |
|Manage Google Adsense and Commission banners on all of your pages || || ||x ||x |
|Costs less then $1000.00 to set up || ||x ||x ||x |
|Cost less then $500 a month || || ||x ||x |
|Cost less then $300 a month || ||x ||x ||x |
|Cost less then $100 a month || || ||x ||x |
|Takes less then 2 hours a month of your time ||x || || ||x |
|Delivers results, traffic, sales, leads ||x ||?? ||x ||x |
|Requires Windows Hosting with ASP.NET || || || ||x |
Tuesday, April 06, 2010
If you like SpiderLoop and understand it’s ingenuity have we got some technology based investment projects for you.
- We are currently developing an online MMORPG game that incorporates social bookmarking – social interaction and communication, One on one battle, story line, quests, mini games, treasure hunts, website traffic analysis, and traffic delivery.
We are seeking angel investors for this project at a minimum of $50,000.00. Investors will receive a board seat and 7% preferred stock. We have already raised $50,000.00 for this project and have a promise of $50,000.00 more we can offer two more opportunities.
- Seeking a single investor for a social network like no other. Investor will receive a board seat and 25% preferred stock.
- Investment opportunity for new search engine based on “psychological evaluation” brand exists http://www.yalga.com, completely new delivery system for PPC easily and quickly developed. board seat and 25% of preferred stock.
Other exit strategies can be discussed.
If you are intrigued and want more information feel free to contact me.
Thursday, January 07, 2010
The new articles search engine can be located at http://feeds.spiderloop.com
This is a whole new way to publish RSS your links can be located on many SpiderLoop enabled websites creating backlinks from sites all over the internet.
Sunday, June 28, 2009
If you are using master pages on even one of your asp.net web sites then you absolutely positively must be using SpiderLoop. I have actually surprised myself with how easy this was to do and I built the thing.
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Everything that is out there right now must grow or die and it's fairly simple to see where that growth will probably take them, and if you have a keen eye maybe you can see it before they do, and then maybe you can move before they do too. I see the future by looking at what was and what is and to me the future of Internet applications is bright.
© Copyright 2015 SpiderLoop
Theme design by Bryan Bell
newtelligence dasBlog 2.3.9074.18820
| Page rendered at Saturday, November 28, 2015 6:13:36 AM (Eastern Standard Time, UTC-05:00)
Pick a theme:
On this page....